A well equiped mobile dental clinic is dedicated for the department of community medicine which conducts dental health check-ups and treatment camps in rural areas. The department caters to comprehensive treatment of patients with total oral health care.
Following are the exercises of Community Dentistry Department
- Collection of statistical demographic data on population in India, birth rates, morbidity and mortality, literacy and per capita income.
- Incidence and prevalence of common oral diseases like dental caries, periodontal diseases, oral cancer and fluorosis at national and international levels.
- Preparation of oral health education material like posters, models, slides, lectures, play acting skills.
- Oral health status assessment of the community using indices and WHO basic oral health survey methods.
- Exploring and planning of setting up private dental clinics in rural, semi urban and urban locations. Availing finances for dental practice and preparing project reports for the same.
- Visit to primary health centre to acquaint with activities of primary health care delivery and preparation of report on the same.
- Regular visit to water purification plant / public health laboratory / centre for treatment of wastes and sewage water. Visit to schools to assess oral health status of school children, emergency treatment and health education including possible preventive care at schools by teaching tooth brushing technique and oral rinse program.
- Visit to institutions for the care of handicapped, physically, mentally, or medically compromised patients.
- In Preventive dentistry department - application of pit and fissure sealants, fluoride gel application procedures A.R.T. to at least 2 patients.
- The UG Students are encouraged to involve in the N.S.S. programmes in order to carry out social work in rural areas.
- Maintenance of Record Book - duly signed as to progress of the UG student by the Head of the Department.